Help our families build a library!
In honor of Betty Plocher
What's so special about this library?
What does creating a library involve?
Chispa Project is a non-profit dedicated to creating libraries in Honduras. Chispa partners with schools to create sustainable libraries in schools that get the whole community involved. They are committed to working a whole school year to make sure our library gets installed and is well-managed by community members.
The total budget for this school is $14,000. The Rotary Club of Edwardsville and the International Project Alliance (IPA) Foundation Rotary Club supporters are helping to contribute to make this library a reality. Our family’s goal is $5,000.
This will create a library for over 400 kids grades 1 – 9 and will include:
- Teacher, parent and student workshops to promote reading and proper library usage
- Community leadership training in running a library
- 800 books and bookshelves
- Decorations, paint, mats and cushions
- Craft supplies for reading activities and a library inauguration celebration
- Follow-up and oversight over the entire school year