Be an Ambassador!
We believe we are stronger together, as our annual Next Chapter Campaign uses peer-to-peer fundraising to reach out to friends of friends of friends!
…That’s where you come in.
February - March 2020
The Honduras school year runs from February to November, and the Next Chapter Campaign will
kick-start Chispa Project’s success in 2020!
This back-to-school season, help Chispa Project get more books into the hands of more students across Honduras by being an ambassador. Ambassadors use their own networks of friends and family to positively impact the lives of hundreds of students, teachers, and community members across Honduras.
Your support is the key to a successful Next Chapter Campaign, and to everything that Chispa Project hopes to accomplish this coming year. We thank YOU for your commitment!
As an Ambassador, you'll...
Make a one-minute video explaining why books, libraries, and Chispa Project are important to you.
Create an email draft to send to potential donors.
Make a list of all your friends and family and how you will be contacting them.
Email, call, text, and meet with everyone in your circle to pitch them a specific ask.
Celebrate the milestones together as we push to reach our goal!
Peer-to-peer fundraising is so successful because it personalizes a cause. People want to support what you’re excited about, because they support you. So get excited! You’ll be surprised how your emotion and story will move people to help Honduran students get their first children’s books through Chispa Project libraries.
Ready, set, go!
Feel like a lot of information? No worries.
Step 1 is just signing up, so we can walk you through the process. It’s easier than it looks.
Create a short (less than one minute!) fundraising video.
- Write out your script first: who you are, why you’re doing this
- It’s easy to take the video using your cellphone!
- Watch on of our example videos for inspiration. The more personal the better. 🙂
- We will send you back your website link, once we’ve uploaded your video and fundraising meter.
Make it personalized! Here are a few questions to help you get started in writing your or email:
- How did you first hear about Chispa Project?
- Why is it important that your friends and family care about education in Honduras?
- What makes Chispa Project so special to you?
- What made you decide to give to Chispa Project this holiday season?
- What made you decide to become a fundraising ambassador for the Next Chapter Campaign?
Keep it as short and precise as possible!
Make a list of everyone you can think of that at least mostly likes you.
Download this list to help give you ideas and keep track of who you reach out to and when.
Don’t forget to list your dentist. And to go to the dentist. It’s been too long.
Consider being the first person to donate to your own page. Once one person has donated, others will be more likely to jump on board.
Talk It Up!
- Start with 10-15 people (family and closest friends) who you know will donate. (Starting November 1st)
- Next contact 15-20 people (friends) who you think will probably donate (Nov 15 through December 1)
- Email and message all of your contacts you feel comfortable reaching out to. (Dec 2 and after!)
- Send out a couple friendly reminders throughout the month. Usually people need to hear about a cause several times before they remember to donate.