The Next Chapter Campaign
We believe we are stronger together, as our annual Next Chapter Campaign reaches out to friends of friends of friends to bring children their first book!
Thanks for being a great friend to the kids of Honduras and creating children’s libraries in 2022.
Create 8 new libraries
Reach 3,500 more students
Donate 8,500 new books
AND…finish 4 school libraries disrupted in 2020 with the pandemic
What's the issue?
- 2 out of 3 Honduran families live in extreme poverty.
- Books in Honduras are rare and expensive averaging $20 a piece.
- No children’s books in schools or homes.
- Lack of access to books leads to incredibly low reading abilities, and high drop-out rates.
How do books help?
- The most powerful and highest-impact way to improve reading achievement is to increase access to books.
- Through school and classroom libraries, Chispa provides a holistic program that trains teachers, parents and students to integrate literacy techniques in daily classes and home life.
What can I do?
- Donate today to give children their first library book.
- Your tax-deductible donation goes directly to purchasing brand new Spanish children’s books.
- We will inaugurate 8 new school libraries equipped with 500+ unique titles and comfortable reading spaces!