The Next Chapter Campaign
We believe we are stronger together, as our annual Next Chapter Campaign reaches out to friends of friends of friends to bring children their first book!
Thanks for being a great friend to the kids of Honduras and creating children’s libraries in 2023.
Create 8 new libraries
Reach 4,000 more students
Donate 9,000 new books
Expand our team to 7 people!
Provide more on-going support to our past 76 libraries
Checks can be made out to:
10556 Combie Road, Suite 6643
Auburn, CA 95602
What's the issue?
- 2 out of 3 Honduran families live in extreme poverty.
- Books in Honduras are rare and expensive averaging $20 a piece.
- No children’s books in schools or homes.
- Lack of access to books leads to incredibly low reading abilities, and high drop-out rates.
How do books help?
- The most powerful and highest-impact way to improve reading achievement is to increase access to books.
- Through school and classroom libraries, Chispa provides a holistic program that trains teachers, parents and students to integrate literacy techniques in daily classes and home life.
What can I do?
- Donate today to give children their first library book.
- Your tax-deductible donation goes directly to purchasing brand new Spanish children’s books.
- We will inaugurate 8 new school libraries equipped with 500+ unique titles and comfortable reading spaces!
Feeling extra generous?
We have a special sponsorship program where you can partially or fully sponsor a library on your own or with an organization or business. Check out the perks of the sponsor program here, and how to have the most impact.